-
July 21st, 2005, 08:30 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I guess this has been out for some time, but I was just contemplating this today.
I had to design and sew a Regency gown, woman sized, for a very evil costuming professor. Ok, not evil, just demanding. I wrote a 15 page research paper on Georgian-era women's fashions. The details on Josefina's dress and jacket are right on.
The dress and jacket are perfect, down to the seams on the jacket and the decorations on the dress.
This is the only era of historical fashion I know more than just a tiny bit about, and I am very impressed with American Girl's design.
Also, another one of my professors from college told me that the American Girl historic clothes are all very accurate, and that she knows history and costuming professors that have been consulted in the development of the AG product line!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks